Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wow - The Metrowest Daily News

Ok so I was not expecting to make the cover of Sunday's paper. I have to thank David Riley for writing such a wonderful article. My biggest hope from this article is that it will raise awareness in Metrowest community about health education and lack of resources in countries like Uganda. For those new blog viewers, please let me know if you have any questions via email (capecodkat@yahoo.com). For those of you who havent seen the article, I have posted a link at the bottom of my blog or you can simple click here.

This past week I was able to accomplish so much. Not only are almost all the mini first aid kits assembled, but the posters have almost all been made. I have also made lots of copies of activities that will go along with my educational program. These activities are primarily coloring sheets and word searches/puzzles. I also discovered this week how much fun it is to laminate. I laminated a bunch of handwashing posters to hang in the schools.

At this point, in terms of donations, monetary or medical supplies would be best. Monetary donations I will use to do any last minute copies, and buy any last minute supplies. Any left over money will be kept and used to help ship over more medical supplies next spring. Over this next year I am going to continue to collect supplies to be sent over.

Thanks for all the support! 11 days till I leave!

1 comment:

  1. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here!
    FirstLookDaily

    ReplyDelete