Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Sunday, June 7, 2009

My First Grade Teacher

I forgot to mention earlier about a phone call I received after my fundraising session at Coffee Haven. Wednesday afternoon I received a phone call from a number I did not recognized. When I answered, I was pleasantly surprised to find it was my first grade teacher, Mme Gerson, calling. She had heard about my project through another teacher at Placentino who happened to pick up one of my flyers at my table in front of Coffee Haven. We had a wonderful discussion about Uganda. It turns out one of her daughters is moving there in the fall. I really appreciated the time she took out of her day to call me.

So here is a shout out to Mme Gerson, a teacher who even after 12 years has not forgotten me :)

1 comment:

  1. Katya,
    I just wrote this on your facebook but don't know how often you check it. So I decided to write it on here also. Brad works at Staples in Natick (off rt9-the exit for 27,next to stop and shop). So if you go there ask for a manager, and explain to them that you know Brad and I, and your project and they should let you make some copies for free (not sure how many). Also we have some supplies for your trip,I will drop them off some point this week.
    Alison Dolan

    ReplyDelete