Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thanks yous

First off, I would like to thank a number of people for their efforts to help me in collecting supplies and in fundraising. When I sent out an email at the start of the week, I was only trying to update some teachers and friends about my summer plans. The response I got was overwhelming. At the middle school, my sixth grade science teacher asked if the Student Government could use my project for their "Beyond Holliston" fund drive effort for the 2009-2010 school year. Then, up at the high school, a number of teachers took it into their hands to start a drive to collect supplies. When I opened my email on Tuesday, my inbox was filled with emails from teachers wanting to help. I cannot thank you all enough. It really means a lot to me that even though I am no longer a student in the Holliston schools and even though there is a lot of craziness with the school year coming to an end, teachers still found the time and care enough to help me out. So, many thanks to all those who have supported me over the years and continue to support me as I prepare to travel half way around the world to a country that is in desperate need of our help.

On a different note, I am getting ready to head out to places like Target, BJ's, Staples etc in search of donations. Hopefully, this will not be a total failure. I'll post later on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment