Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Newspaper Article

Today, in The Weston Town Crier was an article about the involvement of Weston students in Uganda. While I am not, nor was ever a Weston student, I am in the article because my mom is a teacher in Weston. There is an entire section of the article dedicated to me and my project. The article was written by Elizabeth Ross, the executive director of The Kasiisi Project.
Please feel free to check it out - link in "Check These Out" section of my blog.

Also, keep your eyes open for a short article in the Metrowest Daily News. I have been told by Boston College, who contacted them, that there is a possibility of an article in there as well. I will be sure to let everyone know if there is.

On a different note, I have now picked up both the supplies from the elementary school and the high school. The amount of supplies I have collected only continues to grow, which is great. It also means I have less room to move in my already small bedroom :)

One of the donations that I received from a student at the high school is something called HandClens Foaming Sanitizer & Lotion. Honestly, this stuff looks amazing. It's non-flammable (which is definitely not the case with normal hand sanitizer). It's non-toxic and it is gentle on skin. It claims it kills 99.99% of germs and it provides 3X as many pumps as alcohol gels. I am thinking I may go out and buy more of this before I go for my project. Or if people see it at the store and would like to donate it, please do! (You can buy it at Big Lots! This package which cost $5 includes 3 8oz bottles and 2 1.7oz blottles. Great deal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment