Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Health Education Project Report

A little cold this week, which led to a lot of time in bed, set me back a bit, but today I was finally able to return to planning. A few weeks ago, I found a bunch of wonderful websites that were going to serve as guides for me. Today, I officially began to type up my Health Education Project report. Here is the general format:

Learning Objectives
Germs
- Information
- Activities
Handwashing
- Information
- Activities
Basic First Aid
- Information
- Activities
Conclusion: Importance of General Hygiene

Although these are subject to change, here are the learning objectives that I have settled upon:
- Identify substances that are harmful to the body (i.e. germs)
- Develop a clear understanding of germs
- Identify some of the illnesses and diseases that bad germs can cause
- Describe how germs are transmitted and how it relates to personal hygiene
- Understand the importance of handwashing and how it can prevent people from becoming sick (i.e. understand that proper handwashing removes bad germs from hands and prevents the spread of illness and disease)
- Learn the proper handwashing process
- Acquire a basic understanding of first aid
- Practice appropriate personal hygiene

As of now, the following website has been a great help, not only in creating the objectives, but also in the gathering of the information regarding germs and handwashing:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040923111827/http://www.wdghu.org/topics/school_health/downwithgerms.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment