Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First Aid Kits - Copies - Posters

Yesterday was a very productive day. First thing I did when I woke up was search the internet for coupons. I was able to find a few good ones. I, then, went shopping with my best friend, Anna, for more medical supplies and sandwich bags for the first aid kits. We also made a stop at Staples where I made color prints of handwashing posters. They turned out magnificently. Later in the afternoon, I began making the first aid kits. I organized the bandaids by size so that they can be evenly distributed in the kits later. Today, Anna and I are going to the Cape where we are going to make posters to use in my teaching. While I have no art skills, Anna does, so I am glad to have her on board for this. We are going to make a germ, a handwashing, and a first aid poster.

From now on, while I will accept any sort of donation, what I really need is money or gift cards to Staples. I need to make lots of copies of coloring pages and such, and I do not have that many monetary donations because I have to buy crayons and pay for the extra baggage checking.

Please note, however, that I will continue to collect medical supplies throughout this coming year to send over to Uganda next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment