Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chaos

Right now I am sitting smack dab in the middle of.... chaos, for lack of a better word. My English teacher parents would not be happy with my use of the word, but I think it is a good word to describe my living room right now. There are BandAids, gauze, gloves, antibacterial cream, alchohol wipes, and medical tape everywhere. I am in the process of putting together make-shift first aid kits (I call them make-shift because these first aid kits are basically bandaids, gauze, alcohol wipes, and gloves placed into a quart size ziplock bag). My friend, Rachel, came over this afternoon to help put them together. While we worked on that, another friend, Anna, began working on the posters for the educational portion of my project.

Tomorrow, I am laminating handwashing posters and making copies of coloring pages and crossword puzzles. If anyone has access to a copy machine or printer and would like to help me make copies, please let me know. Monetary donations for this would also be greatly appreciated.

On a different note, I had a phone interview with a reporter from the Metrowest Daily News and a photographer came over to take my picture (or pictures). If you have ever been photographed for a newspaper article, then you know it can be a bit awkward, especially when you are not used to it. Lets just say, I don't think modeling is in my future. Look for the article this weekend, either in Saturday or Sunday's paper. For those of you not in the area, I will be sure to post a link to it if it is on their website.

By the way, I sort of freaked out earlier when I scrolled down to the bottom of my blog and saw the countdown. FOURTEEN days till I leave!!! Thats crazy. It is coming quickly. I hope I can get everything done in time and by that I do not mean project wise. I have a good hand on that. It's the packing my personal belongings that I am beginning to worry about. Hopefully I have everything I need, since beginning Saturday I will be on the Cape almost full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment