Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Update from Uganda

Hi all. So I typed out blog posts for the last few days, but I didnt put them on my flash drive. So I will summarize briefly. My taxi is coming soon, assuming he did understand me. He didnt seem to speak much English. I got sick :( so I missed the school visits Monday (Lucy, the nurse, visited all five schools to introduce herself). I was sick Monday and layed low yesterday, doing some organizational things I needed to get done.

Today, I scheduled my health education teaching for the Kasiisi students. I am doing it Friday, Monday, and Tuesday morning (I will be back at the field station to welcome my mom and the other teachers). It seems I will only be able to do the health education at the Kasiisi School, but that is close to 1000 students so it will still be making a difference.

Till next time. Katya

No comments:

Post a Comment