Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Monday, July 6, 2009

Packing

Today begins the crazy packing extravaganza, which includes 4 suitcases and many trips to and from the store. I have two suitcases specifically for my medical supplies (first aid kits, soap, hand sanitizer) and my teaching supplies (books, posters, handouts, etc). And then I have another two for personal needs including food, which I loaded up on today. I am not sure what there is going to be for the first two weeks in terms of food. I may have to do my own shopping in Fort Portal, so just to be safe I bought cereal bars, carnation instant breakfast (and powered milk), granola bars, dried cranberrys, peanut butter crackers, and pre-packaged chicken salad with crackers.

Well I better go pack! If I have time, I will post one last time before leaving on Thursday. If not, then the next post will be from Africa! Like I said in earlier posts, I dont know how often I will be able to post, but I will make sure to write posts each day and post them when I can.

Thanks to everyone who helped me pull all this together! I hope you will continue to follow my blog as I carry out my project in Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment