Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Thursday, July 2, 2009

ONE WEEK!

Hi All. I cannot believe that in one week I will be flying across the Atlantic Ocean to Amsterdam, a seven (to eight) hour flight. And then taking another, about eight hour, flight south to Entebbe, Uganda. My previous entries have mostly been focused around the planning and getting ready process. I want to take a moment to describe what lays ahead and my feelings about it.

Upon landing I will be picked up at the airport (I am told there will be someone there waiting to get me) and taking to The Boma Guest House and Restaurant. I stayed there last summer. It is a wonderful place, with sort of a bed & breakfast kind of feel. After a night and a day there, I will be taken by taxi (ahhh! I am dreading riding in a taxi!) to Kampala, where I will be spending a night in the Metropole Hotel, which I have never stayed at before. From the looks of things (aka the website), it looks very fancy. Then, the next morning (July 12th), I will be leaving at 6:15 to head out to the Kibale National Forest, where I will be spending the month. There, I will be staying on a scientific field station. I am not exactly sure of where I am staying on the field station. Last year, I stayed in a small room with two bunk beds and a desk. I believe I might be staying in a similar room this summer. While in this area, I will be working in the medical clinic and doing my health education project in the schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment