Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday - Lots to do

Sorry if anything I just posted has already been said. I decided I would post my old entries even though I had summarized them.

So my mom left yesterday and arrives in Entebbe tonight. She will be at the field station on Tuesday. The weather last night and this morning has been yucky. Rainy, and cloudy. Which here also means no electricity. Fortunately, there is an internet cafe in Fort Portal with a generator. The internet is quite fast since no one else is on.

I am going to have lunch at Mountains of the Moon with Barbara. I am very excited.

As you know, Monday and Tuesday I am doing health education at the Kasiisi School. Wednesday, there is a full day welcoming ceremony for the American visitors. This is meant for the Weston teachers and students, but I must also attend. I will most likely be in the clinic on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I was there yesterday for two hours and no one came. Lucy said that she only had one patient yesterday, a young girl who had fallen out of a tree and couldn't move her neck. Lucy referred her to the hospital for x-rays. She said she suspected a spinal cord injury.

My final two weeks I will spend creating folders with important paper work for all the schools, distributing medical supplies, working at the clinic, and taking a tour of the nursing school and hospital in Fort Portal. Lucy said she would take me to see the school and hospital. I am very excited for this.

Thats all in terms of what I have been up to and what I have planned.

I am going to attempt and post a few pictures.

The first is of the hotel I stayed in the first night. My living conditions now aren't as fancy.
The second is a landscape picture - a tea plantation.
The third is a baboon.
The fourth is a picture of colobus monkeys, playing in the sand, right outside the kitchen.
The fifth is of the clinic.

I am going to post them in a separate post. It doesn't seem to be working for this one.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about what you're doing. I'm so proud of you Katya! How exciting that your mom will be there with you on Tuesday!
    Aunt Suzan

    ReplyDelete