Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Forgotten Thank You

Throughout this whole thing, I do not think I have taken the time to send out the most important thank you of all. This thank you is for Colleen Simonelli. I have known Colleen since I was in second grade, when I became good friends with her daughter Elizabeth. Besides spending time at their house, Colleen also served as my indoor soccer coach for many years. Our relationship has carried over to BC where she is a nursing professor. I will have her my junior year for maternal child health. It was she who suggested I apply for the grant and she who nominated me. And she who also wrote a recommendation for me. Without her, non of this would be happening. So thank you Colleen, for encouraging me and helping me through the application process!

Tomorrow is the day. I am still not fully packed, but I'm getting there. As of now, both bags containing my health project supplies are packed. Now I just need to pack my personal belongings, which are lying in piles across my living room floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment