Scroll down for

-Katya's story
-Newspaper article from The Metrowest Daily News
-Article from The Boston College Chronicle
-Newspaper article from The Weston Town Crier
-My Grant Proposal
-Katya's Health Education Project Report (5 Part)
-Picture slideshow from my Summer 2008 Uganda trip
-Video picture slideshow with traditional Ugandan music

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Update on Project

Hi All. So this week was quite busy, but also started off slowly. I got sick on Monday and was still not feeling well Tuesday. We decided I have jardia and I have started on medication, which seems to be working other than some minor symptoms from time to time and the side effects of the medication. Wednesday was a welcoming ceremony that lasted a full day. It was quite exciting. My plan for Thursday was to begin dividing up the medical supplies and soap for each school and create a folder with important paper work for each school. I was then going to deliver one set in the afternoon to one of the schools which is in walking distance. However, I ended up being even more productive and was able to put together all packages for each school and get to four out of the five schools, where I met with the headmaster/mistress and handed over the supplies. It was such a great feeling to have gotten so much done. Yesterday, I visited another clinic. The Kiko clinic is one level up from from the clinic I work at. They do bloodwork, admit people, and have a maternity ward. I then went into Fort Portal. Because I have been sick, half a day wipes me out and I had to take the afternoon to just relax. Monday I go to the Fort Portal hospital and nursing school.

I feel as though I have accomplished everything I planned to accomplish and even some extra. My plan for next week, besides the trip into Fort Portal, will be to spend some time in clinic and just reflect on my trip. I have begun to reflect on what I have seen and what I have done. I might begin my write-up.

Thank you to Boston College and to everyone at home for helping to make my trip a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment